Thursday, May 9, 2013

NO LIMITS




Why do I like to workout?  Besides the obvious reason (i.e. slimmer figure) and the mental and physical health benefits,  I love bodybuilding because of the challenge.  I am constantly trying to find out new ways that I can challenge my body.   Just when I think that I have mastered an exercise and I have gotten all the benefits from it, I realize that all I need to do is increase the weight a bit and that exercise becomes more challenging than before.  I love pushing myself in this way.  I love the sense of accomplishment.  In many ways, I have never pushed myself as hard as I do when I exercise.  And when I realized this, it occurred to me that I do so because I have a passion for exercise.  

I also have pondered, what else am I willing to push myself to the limits for in my life?  Through exercise, I have realized that I have so much untapped potential.  We tend to gravitate to those things that come easy to us and we tend park at a certain level to maintain the achievement we have made in that job, sport, or talent.  But, what if we pushed ourselves much more than we ever imagined we could? Can you imagine the results? So, my question to you is, what do you do that challenges you, yet you keep going back for more?  

No comments:

Post a Comment