Monday, May 20, 2013

GYM ETIQUETTE: DON'T BE AN EXERCISE EQUIPMENT HOG



You have seen him (or her).  You might be him.  That guy or gal who hogs a certain piece of exercise equipment at the gym for longer than 20 minutes.  This irks me to no end.  I like to get in and get out of the gym as quickly as I can.  I will never stay on a piece of equipment (unless its my home treadmill) for longer than 20 minutes.  I get my sets done, then I move on to the next machine.  I am very much aware that I am not the only person at the gym who wants to use the a particular machine.  

But, some folks are not like me.  I waited 45 minutes today to use the Smith machine.  I waited and watched this guy chat and gossip in between his sets and use other equipment while he kept his towel and bag hung on the Smith machine.  After about 30 minutes I asked him politely, how long he was going to be and he replied that he need to complete 2 more sets.  Great. So, I went from wanting to finish my workout in an hour to finishing it in and hour and a half.  

Ok, I know that I have been rambling, but the point of this post is, folks, be courteous   Don't be an equipment hog.  Get in and get out.  If you are going to socialize, do so when you are not using a piece of equipment.  Let try to follow proper gym etiquette.

No comments:

Post a Comment