Saturday, May 16, 2015

JOY


For so long, I have sought "happiness."  I thought that if I just had a certain job or made a certain salary or lived in a particular neighborhood I would then be "happy."  I have recently come to the realization that happiness is temporary and fleeting.  The key is to have joy in every situation.  The reality is that in life there will always be challenges.  There will be periods of great happiness and great pain.  But, through it all we must have joy.



Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.
I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
-Philippians 4:11-13


No comments:

Post a Comment